Phase 4: Analyse
May - 8 June 2021
Once you have received your experiment results from the ISS, it is time to analyse your data and write your final report. Only teams that submit a report will receive a participation certificate. The ten teams with the best reports will be selected as the Astro Pi Mission Space Lab winners!
Your report needs to
- Use the Astro Pi official report template
- Be no longer than 4 pages of A4
- Be uploaded as a PDF
Download the report template
Writing your report
- Share the report template with your team, read through each section, and discuss what should go into each one
- Divide the report up and allocate each section to one or two team members; write the sections
- Put the sections together and read through the complete report as a team to ensure that it makes sense as a whole
For tips on analysing data in CSV file format, you can follow the Astro Pi flight data analysis project.
Astro Pi flight data analysis project
- If your program does not produce the results you were hoping for, we still encourage you to submit a report. You are still eligible for a prize, and you will still receive participation certificates.
- Your report does not need to be long or expertly written. We are looking for simple and clear explanations of what you did, what you discovered, and what you learned.
Submitting the report
Mentors can submit their team’s report via the form sent to the team from the Astro Pi team. The deadline for submitting reports is 8 June 2021. Winners will be announced in late June.