Mission Space Lab
- Anyone who is 19 years old or younger at the time of submission.
- Working in teams of 2-6 young people.
- Supervised by a teacher or mentor.
- Enrolled full time in a primary or secondary school, coding/after-school club or certified home school, located in an ESA Member State, Slovenia, Canada, Lithuania, Latvia, or Malta.
- 50% of your team members must be citizens of an ESA Member State, or Slovenia, Canada, Lithuania, Latvia, or Malta.
- Teams from Malta participate as guest teams as part of a special collaboration agreement with ESA, so they can’t win the challenge. However they can receive a ‘Highly commended’ award.
ESA Member States
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
Further to the 22 Member States, also Canada, Latvia, Slovenia, and Lithuania based on their agreements with ESA, qualify to fully participate in the programmes of the ESA Education Office.
ESA will also accept entries from primary or secondary schools located outside an ESA Member State only if such schools are officially authorised and/or certified by the official education authorities of an ESA Member State (for instance, a French school outside Europe officially recognised by the French Ministry of Education or delegated authority).