A Python library has been provided to provide easy access to the Sense HAT’s LED display and sensors. To get started, ensure your SD card is up to date and check you have the library installed.
Open up Python 3 and try a simple example:
from sense_hat import SenseHat sense = SenseHat() temperature = sense.temperature sense.show_message("Temperature is %d" % temperature)
See resources, sample projects, and example code at the following links:
- Raspberry Pi learning resources
- Dave Honess’s Sense HAT examples
- Ben Nuttall’s Sense HAT examples
- Martin O’Hanlon’s Sense HAT examples
- Ben Nuttall’s PyGame Zero application for creating 8×8 images
Comprehensive documentation is available at pythonhosted.org/sense-hat.